Re: browser download location

On my desktop machine, I use bind mounts instead of symlinks for this sort of thing (where I want most stuff on my SSD, but e.g. films on my HDD). I don't know if that would work in this situation? I think the command would be:

sudo mount --bind /media/phablet/$SD/Downloads /home/phablet/Downloads

or in /etc/fstab, to make it permanent:

/media/phablet/$SD/Downloads  /home/phablet/Downloads  none  bind 0  0

(Caveat: I haven't tried this on my Ubuntu phone, this is just what I do on my desktop)