Re: Ubuntu at MWC in Barcelona

But there is a world of difference between having a system that is capable
of running on multiple devices and platforms such IoT, phones, servers,
desktops and tablets and partnering with a manufacturer and ensuring that
it runs and performs well on that specific device. That didn't work out so
well with BQ and Meizu.

Far better to have the base and let the community port and support it on
the devices that they want to use it on. Less headaches and risk for
Canonical. That seems to me to be the direction that we're heading.

The fact that no new phones or devices have been announced or even an
intention that there will be, coupled with the fact there is still no
official word about support for current devices leads me to that
conclusion.

I could be wrong, but it is undeniable that Canonical's focus has shifted,
and it isn't just down to snap.

Paul.

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device