Re: Ubuntu at MWC in Barcelona

* Matthias Apitz, guru@xxxxxxxxxxx [04/03/17 16:08]:
> El día Saturday, March 04, 2017 a las 01:53:57PM +0000, Paul Tait escribió:
>
> > I think that it may be more a case of you've been extremely lucky, or I have been extremely unlucky. Although many others have had the same issues:
> >
> > Silent Incoming Calls:
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/media-hub/+bug/1612367
>
> I never faced this issue.

I had a case of hardware failure, not software. The speakers started
failing sometimes, and then always, in my BQ E5 (not E4.5). I sent it
for repair to BQ and it was fixed and had my phone back in four
days. It failed again, I think once in a month, and I got the sound
back by pressing on the  back iat the bottom part with both fingers,
with the screen facing me (as I read in Internet from users with
Android). It looks like failing speakers is a common issue in this
model of BQ, also with Android, I don't know about the E4.5.

> > Battery Inexplicably Drains:
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1458756
> >
> > Which, incidentally was filed by you Matthias in May 2015. Despite two years passing and a new power manager, the problem still persists, at least for me. Did you find a solution to it then?
>
> I do not have it quite often, and if it happened I just recharge the
> device without any problem.

I saw this a couple of times, haven't seen it for three months or so
now. In may case, restarting the phone fixed it. I think in my case it
was caused by some misbehaving application.

But overall my BQ E5 with UT is very usable, unless the hardware
fails I think I may be able to make it last until (hopefully) we have
a snap-based device.

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat