Re: Official end off Ubuntu Phone - Please read this because this is sad....

This is especially confusing since just today there was another blog
post explaining what is being worked on for Ubuntu 18.04 regarding X
apps in a Unity 8/Mir world.
http://gould.cx/ted/blog/2017/04/05/X11-apps-on-Ubuntu-Personal/

So even Canonical employees were not informed of this?

Mark's post lacks details though. What will happen of Unity 7? Mir?
And how switching back to Gnome by default reflects on the stated will
to invest on the desktop? Because it may also be interpreted as "ditch
the current default Ubuntu and replace it by Ubuntu Gnome".

I hope some clarifications will come.