Re: Purism phone

El día Friday, August 25, 2017 a las 10:46:59AM +0100, Sam Bull escribió:

> In case anybody here has not seen the news, Purism are now attempting
> an open, convergence capable phone. It looks like it will be running
> GNOME, but could be replaced with anything else. Both hardware and
> software is focused on user privacy and almost everything is open
> source.
>
> So, if you're still interested in a open source, convergent phone, I'd
> recommend backing it here: https://puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

I saw this too already in the UBports Forum:
https://forums.ubports.com/topic/506/croudfunding-phone-purism-librem-5-with-ubports

Would be interesting to know what drivers or blobs they use to control
the GPS and GPRS chips.

Btw: Me and my family (4 devices BQ E4.5 and 1 M10) we are still using
the latest OTA as daily phones and I switched one already to UBports
without any problem.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru@xxxxxxxxxxx     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail