ubuntu-pk team mailing list archive

Re: Hello Ubuntu Pakistan.

Assalamoalikum Sohrab.
It is great to here from an active member like yourself.
Ubuntu work is mostly volunteer based.You can participate either by organising a session on the merits of open source at your school or university.Or even at your local community like i did.
We a group of few enthusiasts from Fast Nuces, Khi carried out a few sessions at our campus under the IEEE chapter, and even a school in Hyderabad.
If you like, start by covering up installations since most our grp met had trouble installing multiple OS and formatting ext3 partitions.
Linux-ubuntu is one of the easiest gui i ever came across and is available in four different flavors.
In case you require material, you can mail canonical sys about your requirements for a deployment seminar/event. They would be kind enough to send you flyers,cd,stickers,badges etc free if they can depending upon the extent of your event.Thats the beauty of freeware.
If you are programmer, then sky is the limit and dev-packages are the key.
So go on with the peshawar chapter and good luck with your initiative.
Ubuntu- free from selfishness.

Sameer Aslam

Sent from Android