ubuntu-push-devs team mailing list archive

Re: kicking off: the plan so far

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Robert Park <robert.park@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, there's something I'm unclear on: What kind of notifications are we
> even talking about? Is this limited to dbus or similar local IPC? Or does
> this also include notifications from the network, such as new mail or
> notifications from social networks?

app writers send notifications to a server, the server delivers the
notification to the device, the device shows the notification to the
user (possibly by starting the app). So it's for things like new mail,
notifications from social networks, click package update
notifications, system image update notifications, etc.