ubuntu-push-devs team mailing list archive

Re: kicking off: the plan so far

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 8:44 AM, John Lenton <john.lenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Phase 0: version 0
>

> The server side will be in Go (probably), the client-side daemon in
> C/C++, there'll be a QML component that app devs can use to get access
> to the functionality (maybe but not necessarily covering the basic
> "translate and show the message" use case already).
>
> The expectation is that we will have very few apps actually using this
> version of the API, because people will only start using the API once
> v0 is out there, hence why waking the app every time isn't too much of
> a concern.

Also, v0 is a single server solution that wont scale.

We need to plan for a v0+n somewhen that will have a better server side
story. As i see it, v0 is about having the api implemented and deployed to
a service that can be used for development.

Somewhere in here (maybe v-1?) we need to setup the mock service that
developers can use to test their apps and that we can use as a guide for
api compliance.

Lucio.