ubuntu-s390x team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu cloud image password login via virsh console

Hi Qi,
cannot help on password based access.
But just wanted to mention that the usual way is to use key-pairs for ssh
access.

It's roughly like this (iirc):
- Create a key-pair at the dashboard,
- Store the private-key
- Grant proper permission to private key (e.g. 600)
- Assign key pair and launch Ubuntu cloud instance
- Assign floating-IP
- Now: ssh -i <private-key> ubuntu@<floating-IP="">

But here are more details:
http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/cli-nova-configure-access-security-for-instances.html

Bye, Frank

Frank Heimes | Tech. Lead z | Canonical Ltd.
mail: frank.heimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
irc: jfh
P: +49 (0) 7031 415515
www.canonical.com | www.ubuntu.com | ubuntu-on-big-iron.blogspot.com