ubuntu-scientists team mailing list archive

Re: Hi all, new here

Hi

Deploying Ubuntu for science servers and desktops institutionally since
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubuntu_releases#Ubuntu_4.10_.28Warty_Warthog.29

I now work on this: https://launchpad.net/~aims
(we also make a aims-desktop.iso with UCK and above for low-bandwidth
installs. Still have to do trusty.)

3 biggest trusty bugs for us:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tex-common/+bug/1236951(do-release-upgrade
from 12.04 LTS fails if tex-common installed)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-properties/+bug/1312267(can't
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:aims/aims-desktop, ugh)
No acroread in trusty repos. not even an old version. (Students need this
for some university application (PDF) forms).

Regards,
Jan