ubuntu-scientists team mailing list archive

Feedback on desktop convergence changes

Hello everyone,

As we move towards our goal of converging the Ubuntu phone, tablet and
desktop into a single codebase, we need to make sure we understand how
some of the new technology that was developed for mobile devices will
impact desktop users.  I have created a short survey[1] to get your
feedback on some of the bigger changes, which we will use to instruct
our choices on what and how to bring these to the desktop.

The survey will ask you about how different changes might affect the way
you use Ubuntu, both positively and negatively. But it is important to
remember that no decisions have been made yet regarding whether or not
these changes will actually happen on the desktop. The purpose of this
survey is to help us evaluate what their impact might be, and what work
would be required to make them work for all of our users.

If you have a custom or unusual setup with Ubuntu, we are particularly
interested in hearing about those details.  It's easy enough for us to
consider the impact on common use-cases of Ubuntu, but understanding the
various edge-cases requires input from the people involved with them.

Finally, none of the information you provide in this survey will be used
for anything other than evaluating and planning for the use of these
technologies in Ubuntu. No personally identifiable information will be
asked for, and nothing will be sold to any 3rd party.

[1] https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/UbuntuConvergenceFeedback
--
Michael Hall
mhall119@xxxxxxxxxx