ubuntu-scientists team mailing list archive

Re: Idea for a Collaboration Project

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 5:18 AM, Walter Lapchynski <wxl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I understand what you have in mind.

I meant we should have people exploring domain specific practices and
requirements (within the sciences).

For example, a few days ago I posted a mail on aspects relating to
LaTeX- related work flows.

I think there are many other work flows that can be the reason for
further customization.

Consider the case of people doing machine learning on GNU/R.

The relevant "views" is not the last word.

People write their own code variants, but do not care to publish.

There are far too many ways of implementing algorithms from scratch or
at some mixed level.

We can have projects to help with the situation.

specify ...there are thousands more.

Best

A. Mani

A. Mani