ubuntu-scientists team mailing list archive

Re: Rebooting This Team

On 01/03/16 16:24, Svetlana Belkin wrote:
> On 02/14/2016 12:35 PM, Mogei Wang wrote:
> > How about focus on Python configurations? Install the must have
> > Python/Python3 packages (including the must have pip/pip3 packages), and
> > set up Ipython notebook / Jupyter things. Currently, too many useless
> > things are included, which makes the project helpless
>
> Are you refering to BioLinux as the project?  The Ubuntu Scientists is a
> team that do projects or at least brainstorm some.

Hi, Svetlana.

Yes, I mean the Bio-Linux project:

  http://environmentalomics.org/bio-linux/

The Bio-Linux team needs people to help package or re-package and test
upstream FLOSS for bioinformatics to make it easier for biologists to
deploy:

  https://launchpad.net/~nebc

The Debian-Med and Bio-Linux projects already collaborate and hold
annual 'Sprints' - The last one was in Copenhagen, but I was unable to
attend:

  https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2016/DebianMed2016

I thought this could be something that other Ubuntu Scientists might be
interested in too?

Bye,

  Tony.

tel. +44(0)19755 63548 http://minke-informatics.co.uk