ubuntu-sdk-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~lukas-kde/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/asyncDbusClipboard into lp:ubuntu-ui-toolkit/staging

Notes from discussing this on IRC:

<ltinkl> unity8/qtmir is starting up, we have a TextField somewhere in our GUI which contains the call to UCContentHub, calls content-hub over DBUS, but at the same time content-hub is asking qtmir for authorization
I assume content-hub somehow also queries the clipboard, but the implementation of QPlatformClipboard is in qtmir :) so we get a nice circular dependency and DBUS gets stuck, until one of the calls times out
he tricky (blocking) part is creating QDBusInterface in your CTOR, you don't even have to make any calls
<kalikiana> How about making the mock service sleep when it initializes or responds?
Maybe the mock service should actually just time out the first call?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~lukas-kde/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/asyncDbusClipboard/+merge/316965
Your team Ubuntu SDK team is subscribed to branch lp:ubuntu-ui-toolkit/staging.