ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: [Ubuntu-phone] The best opportunity for the ubuntu multidevice concept will be on hybrid devices

This is all good and stuff, but can we actually consider working on what
we'd like to do? Discussion's great, but not if it goes on forever.

   - *Experience*: Everyone mentions how we need to provide a new
   experience; what is it that Ubuntu has that OSX doesn't? Microsoft?
   Android? RIM (dare I say)? We need to find these fruits and exploit these
   advantages.
   - *Battery:* This is something that can kill a device and with Linux's
   issue with ACPI power, Ubuntu would be a digital vampire on the mobile. We
   need to stream-line the system to WORK, and not only look pretty. (This is
   why I moved from Ubuntu to Kubuntu, less resources used, way more
   performance).

Just some ideas and my two cents.

One Vision. One Purpose.
We are the Synthetic Intellect Institute
contact@xxxxxxxxxx :: http://www.thesii.org/ :: #sii on FreeNode

Jacky Alcine, *Head Developer of Wintermute*
http://jackyalcine.co.cc :: jacky.alcine@xxxxxxxxxx ::
https://launchpad.net/~jackyalcine