ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Revealing the launcer on a tablet

A lot of this is already implemented in the multi-touch gesture stack built on top of Ubuntu. I.e., a four finger tap opens the dash, while a four finger swipe unhides the launcher (or dock, depending on what you call it), etc. From what I've read, it shouldn't be too hard to remap these if your preferences are different. The main thing we need is a multitouch device we can actually /install/ Ubuntu on natively that supports multitouch at this level.

Plasma Active looks really interesting, as does the Mali graphics core. I'm interested to see where it goes. For myself, I love the 7 inch tablet form factor.