ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Which Email client for Ubuntu tablet?

Actually, a lot of work has been done to make unity touch friendly, but more needs to be done. Once a keyboard works with the dash, it will be well on it's way.

It's worth keeping in mind that Cannonical's plans are for Unity to work across all devices, so discussions about using gnome shell instead are going to be counterproductive.

Re mail clients, has anyone else had a chance to look at the current offering from android with ICS? Really well put together in terms of design for a tablet. I use it on a 7 inch hacked kindle fire. It's awesome.

Apart from speed issues with lower end hardware, I wonder if thunderbird could be a good way to go. Rather than rewriting the entire program, we could probably use plugins to customize it. Of course, with mozillas rapid update cycle these could potentially break, but with Cannonical's support, it just might be possible.

Mitchell

Curious Mail - Sent via Linux