ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Hello - on tablets, touchscreens & pens..

Hi,

I don't thing I'd be happy wearing such contraption on my hand while drawing..:D

I think also we should be able to support all types on pens and multitouch displays. However in technical, and in sometimes use-case point of view, Wacom (and other "real" pen input devices) are specifically meant for drawing and should be supported as such.

It would definitely be nice is we could actively recognize a stylus on multitouch, but I'd be worried that it might never actually work correctly. Getting the touch area size would be good, but such feature might not be available in all multitouch technologies.

In order to have this functionality working properly for all applications would in my opinion call for some sort of framework level support (a library with nice API). This could include some heuristics for stylus on multitouch.

We definitely should collect use cases, user stories & requirements on this and in "tablet-ubuntu" as whole. Is there currently any such activity ongoing?

Cheers,
//HS