ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Zareason is making a 10 inch Open Tablet called ZaTab!!

Hi,

On 19.05.2012 05:50, Daniel Clem wrote:
> Firstly, sorry if this is a repeat message, I tried sending once, but
> was with an email that wasn't registered on Launchpad. So I don't think
> it posted properly. I hope it doesn't bother the moderators.
>
> Most likely alot of the people on this list have already seen the
> article on OMG!Ubuntu. But Just wanted to put the info about it here
> also and link to the ZaTab page.
> (...)

It certainly looks like an interesting piece of hardware, the best thing
being that the bootloader is unlocked. But from what I see the
Transformer is better both spec-wise and price-wise. You can get the
TF101 on Amazon for around $340 (new, 16GB version, without the dock).
So the only thing making this product interesting is the openness -
which is nice.

I would also have some doubts about the outer case and construction. At
least it looks a bit second-class at the pictures. But that might just
be the first-sight impression.
Still, probably a nice choice for hacking.

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx