ubuntu-tn-mc team mailing list archive

Fwd: [Ubuntu-Classroom] New #ubuntu-classroom-backstage channel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2010/1/26
Subject: [Ubuntu-Classroom] New #ubuntu-classroom-backstage channel
To: Ubuntu Classroom Management <ubuntu-classroom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi folks,

For Ubuntu User Day we did our event planning in the #ubuntu-learning
channel, for Ubuntu Open Week and Ubuntu Developer Week the
organization has frequently been fragmented, being in #ubuntu-learning
and #ubuntu-community-team for this current UDW.

We're looking to resolve this fragmentation, and now that we have
several new volunteers looking to recruit more instructors, to make
things be a bit more "official" when it comes to event coordination.
So in addition to the old #ubuntu-classroom (where classes are held)
and #ubuntu-classrom-chat (where chat during and about classes occurs)
we have now created #ubuntu-classroom-backstage for event planning,
meetings, and "back stage prep" and discussion for moderators and
instructors.

We'll see how this goes for the next few events :)

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com