ubuntu-touch-announce team mailing list archive

Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Landing team 04.03.16

> A lot of exciting changes were happening this week. I won't be
> mentioning all of them as it would be a rather big list (and most of you
> probably know the changes now anyway) - but a lot of them were good
> fixes (mir, urfkill, scopes).

Also try out media scanner and thumbnailer.

James improved the media scanner. It's now 4.5 times faster for indexing, and it greatly reduces the I/O load on the device.

The thumbnailer is 12 times faster now when extracting cover art from local audio files. That makes a big difference to the UI when you have a cold cache and a large music collection.

Michi.