ubuntu-touch-announce team mailing list archive

Landing team 25.03.16

Hello everyone,

OTA-10 Final Freeze later today. Tomorrow's daily image will be the
first candidate image QA will pick up for testing on Monday. Not all
engineers will be available on that day (same for me, so no landing
e-mail), but those that will will be proceeding with sanity and
regression testing. Due to the increased number of devices it's really
hard to say a definite release date though, so for now we'll stick to
our earlier declaration: "somewhere around the beginning of April".

Today the QA team was also very busy with testing, as there was a lot of
silos landing throughout the day: a new mediaplayer-app (fixes to
progress-bar misbehaving), bugfix for unity-scope-click,
indicator-datetime fix for event times display and opening their
details, new messaging-app (fullscreen-mode changes), new batch silo of
ubuntu-system-settings, qtubuntu-media, qtubuntu-camera,
telephony-service and qtmultimedia with fixes to audio-role handling,
new pay-service (multiple payment-related fixes) and a location-update
crash fix for oxide-qt. We also had new device and custom tarballs for
krillin and vegetahd.
Be sure to check the commitlogs [1] and the overlay-changes mailing list
[2] archives for more details.

As you can see things are really busy in the Ubuntu Touch world. This
update will also give us some new useful data that we can use to improve
our release process to fit the new challenges better.

But till that happens, have a nice weekend and see you on Tuesday!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch [1]

#293 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/293.commitlog
#292 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/292.commitlog

#287 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/287.commitlog
#286 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/286.commitlog

#286 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/286.commitlog
#285 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/285.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/ [2]

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150

* Issues in need of attention:

** Manually installed apps removed by new system image
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1558032

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak