ubuntu-touch-announce team mailing list archive

Landing team 20.04.16

Hello everyone,

Today we had 4 new touch-landings: an ubuntu-system-settings (dropping a
no-longer-needed workaround), new gsettings-ubuntu-touch-schemas, a new
pay-service (enabling translations) and an unity-scope-click release
(bringing back the 'sign all requests' change that got reverted recently).
An interesting change that is currently staged in the CI Train is the
last remaining fix for our emulator that was blocking promotion [1].
Once that's released we will consider re-spinning an OTA-10.1 emulator
image and handing it over to QA. Would be nice to have a new stable
emulator image in our stable channels.

Another quick note: we are slowly proceeding with the manta image
deprecation/removal from system-image channels. As announced long time
ago, we have recently finally dropped the manta kernels from our Ubuntu
archives as we're no longer supporting those devices (actually since a
really really long time).
If you're still using manta with our channels, be sure to switch to the
ubports version instead [2] as tomorrow we'll be removing those from s-i
officially completely.

[2] https://devices.ubports.com/#/manta

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#317 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/317.commitlog

#311 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/311.commitlog

#310 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/310.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

** Ubuntu-emulator: Crash in new welcome wizard / browser [1]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/phablet-tools/+bug/1565685

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150

* Issues in need of attention:

** Manually installed apps removed by new system image
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1558032

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak