ubuntu-touch-announce team mailing list archive

Landing team 06.05.16

Hello everyone!

Let's start off with some OTA-11 related news. Even though today is
Final Freeze we already know that we'll have to wait for a few more
fixes before the first valid candidate will be possible. There are
multiple regressions we need to take care of first, so we currently
estimate Tuesday next week as the date when we'll prepare an image
snapshot and have our first release candidate built. This, of course,
might delay us slightly, but it all depends on how things will resolve
in the nearest days.

Now for today's landings: ubuntu-settings-components with visual changes
and support for new auth types, ubuntu-system-settings with a change to
hide the ringer sound setting only in no-modem cases, media-hub and
qtubuntu-media MPRIS player control improvements, new
ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts and some seed changes.
In the last part, the meta package changes, we also introduced a new
OTA-11-specific framework as it seems some new properties were added in
the UI toolkit. The SDK team will prepare a quick overview later of what
new bits are available in this framework.
Also all custom tarballs besides the frieza one have been signed off and
ready to go.

The system-image importer is back up so rc-proposed nightly builds
should be good again. We used this time to prepare an OTA-10.1 re-spin
for just the emulator that we'll be handing over for a quick QA next
week. We want to get it into stable as soon as possible. Of course, we
expect to have OTA-11 images for the emulator as well - once the release
is ready.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#326 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/326.commitlog

#320 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/320.commitlog

#318 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/318.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150
 -> Worked-around by reverting lxc in xenial and yakkety

* Issues in need of attention:

None.

Best regards,

--