ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~carlos-mazieri/ubuntu-filemanager-app/samba-browsing-02 into lp:ubuntu-filemanager-app

The code already in place prevents this by setting the last item to null before parsing a new url/path, see http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~carlos-mazieri/ubuntu-filemanager-app/samba-browsing-02/view/head:/src/plugin/folderlistmodel/locationsfactory.cpp#L109 and http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~carlos-mazieri/ubuntu-filemanager-app/samba-browsing-02/view/head:/src/plugin/folderlistmodel/locationsfactory.cpp#L181.

The idea of LocationsFactory::lastValidFileInfo() is: Every time a new url/path is entered in DirModel::setPath() it is parsed by LocationsFactory, when it is browsable (it is a directory or host or workgroup) it is opened and items are fetched, when it is not browsable but exits it is saved and it is active until next url/path be parsed.
I think this does not change the behaviour of the current version, except that it will try to open files while ubuntu filemanager uses content hub to open files, I thought about creating a flag/property "openFiles" which defaults to "false" and it will be checked before trying to open files. Let me know if you agree with this so I can add this.

I tested that use case again to make sure it does not happen.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~carlos-mazieri/ubuntu-filemanager-app/samba-browsing-02/+merge/252217
Your team Ubuntu File Manager Developers is subscribed to branch lp:ubuntu-filemanager-app.