ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~mzanetti/reminders-app/qmltest2 into lp:reminders-app

Review: Needs Fixing

There is one test failing:

FAIL!  : qmltestrunner::notebooksDelegateTestCase::test_createNoteFromBottomEdge() property count

Also, there are many warnings on the test output. It would be great to fix them, or silence the ones that are expected. This branch is already big, so that can be done separately.

173	+ print("closing editview")

Is it right to print to console? Shouldn't this go to a log file?

576	+ //wait(500)

That commented code can be removed.

581	+ wait(500)
582	+ //waitForRendering(mainView)

Can we use the waitForRendering instead of the hardcoded sleep?
If not, please remove the commented statement, and add a comment on the sleep so others reading the code understand why it was added.

596	+ var x = mainView.width / 2;
[...]
601	+ mouseRelease(mainView, x, startY + dY)

It would be nice to wrap this into a function with a nice name.

610	+ // clear the textField
611	+ mouseClick(titleTextField, titleTextField.width - units.gu(1), titleTextField.height / 2);
612	+ compare(titleTextField.text, "");

If this is a normal textfield from the SDK, then clearing has already been tested. I would make the test shorter by just doing titleTextField.text = "".

639	+ var x = delegate.width / 2
[...]
646	+ mouseClick(delegate, units.gu(3), y)

It's hard to understand what this is doing. Please make a function for it too.

669	+ // TODO: Is there a better way to click on toolbar actions?

They have an object name, don't they? That's how we click them in autopilot tests.

I love the three tests in NotesPage. Thank you very much. This looks great for me. I don't fully understand some of the cpp statements, but they look simple enough.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mzanetti/reminders-app/qmltest2/+merge/253598
Your team Ubuntu Reminders app developers is subscribed to branch lp:reminders-app.