ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

[Merge] lp:~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/ubuntu-rssreader-app-startup-time into lp:ubuntu-rssreader-app

The proposal to merge lp:~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/ubuntu-rssreader-app-startup-time into lp:ubuntu-rssreader-app has been updated.

Description changed to:

Gentlemen, some time ago Joey noted, that startup time of our app is slow when database become big (2k+ records in his case). So I reworked it, and here is some hard data:

1. I achieved reduction (~10 times) of startup time by means of delayed DB access for separate topic (tabs). Memory usage is also reduced significantly. The cost of this change - first access to any topic become little bit slower (50 msec).
2. Improved initialization of "Shorts" tab in list mode (from 1396 msec to 56 msec, more than 20 times faster).
3. Improved update mechanism - now it works much faster (~10 times) and safer.
4. Improved mode switching and reloading (faster and safer, code much more clean).

Someone should test it on a device.
Large DB can be found here (I hope there is nothing personal):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B07jhyL8-HtcNGpJMW9IcFo0R2VrUmwyYTlKQ1ZvZ25jZ3ZN&authuser=0

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/ubuntu-rssreader-app-startup-time/+merge/253769
--
Your team Ubuntu RSS Feed Reader Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/ubuntu-rssreader-app-startup-time into lp:ubuntu-rssreader-app.