ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/document-page-filters into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app

Overall it's great, I really like being able to sort the documents now.

A few observations:-

* With more buttons in the taskbar, we truncate the app name further. On the bq e4.5 it's "Document Vie..." in portrait mode. I'm wondering if we should consider truncating it down to just "Viewer"?

* The alphabetical sort order seems to be A-Z then a-z. So a document starting with a lower case "p" appears after a document with upper case "Y" which is confusing to people who don't know how standard sorting on Linux works. Perhaps we should aggregate the sort so docs are grouped together - e.g. docs starting with lower "p" and "P" together?

* I managed to crash the app if I scroll to the bottom of the list, then change the sort order from "Sort by date" to "Sort by name". I have 21 docs locally, and 7 docs on SD card, so not a huge number. Only seems to crash if I'm at the bottom of the list.

* When changing the sort order, should we jump to the top of the list? Seems strange to change the sort order and be left in the middle.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/document-page-filters/+merge/261858
Your team Ubuntu Document Viewer Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/document-page-filters into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app.