ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

[Merge] lp:~nik90/ubuntu-clock-app/improve-sound-detection into lp:ubuntu-clock-app

The proposal to merge lp:~nik90/ubuntu-clock-app/improve-sound-detection into lp:ubuntu-clock-app has been updated.

Description changed to:

Background Info
---------------

In trunk, we wait for CustomSoundModel and DefaultSoundModel to finish loading (using a hackish Timer) and then perform a file check (by looping the model) to detect the existence of a custom sound or a default sound. If custom sound does not exist (due to being deleted by the user or any other reason), then we fallback to the default alarm sound.

This all works fine except for the part where we use a For loop to check for the file existence and use a QML Timer to ensure that the QML FolderListModel has fully loaded. This is ugly code and also is slightly visible in the UI.

Current MP

This MP removes all those hacks and relies on QFileInfo class to detect the existence of a alarm sound file. So we no longer need to wait for any model to load. This is a much better solution and improves both reliability and speed of the alarm sound detection.

I also changed CustomSound Class to AlarmSound since it seems more appropriate now that the functions apply to all alarm sounds and not just the custom ones.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~nik90/ubuntu-clock-app/improve-sound-detection/+merge/268931
--
Your team Ubuntu Clock Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~nik90/ubuntu-clock-app/improve-sound-detection into lp:ubuntu-clock-app.

Follow ups