ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~nikwen/ubuntu-terminal-app/font-size-fix into lp:ubuntu-terminal-app

Review: Approve

>Here is a comparison of the font sizes with the current default: >https://launchpadlibrarian.net/236776246/comparison.png
>
>This shows that the values from the documentation are probably incorrect. However, you're right that it looks better on the phone with a ration of 1.0. In other words: perfect. So 10 might be better as the default.

Strange, I gave a "console.log(FontUtils.sizeToPixels("medium"))" on my PC and returns 14px. :/
Anyway, as long as we both believe that using 1.0x factor returns a better result on phones, we don't need to discuss about it :D

>We have to keep in mind to also consider cases where people want to present something using a projector. That's why we need a maximum that isn't too low.

Good point! Since on my 22" screen I was able to fit 40 chars, it's still a good value for the scenario you described.

>I have to say that I am against the 100th, though. In general I tend to change appearance settings in applications once and afterwards often want to go back to the default. This is doable with the current 10th but it would be a hassle to hit exactly 1.0 when we use 100.

Legit! I was thinking about a smaller range [50%, 250%] and percentage would have probably worked better.
Since we'll stay with the proposed range, it's okay to me not to change this (although I feel it a bit strange).

Let's approve it then!
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~nikwen/ubuntu-terminal-app/font-size-fix/+merge/285272
Your team Ubuntu Terminal Developers is subscribed to branch lp:ubuntu-terminal-app.