ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/desktop-support2 into lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app

I think so too.
To be fair, we shouldn't have exceptions for accessing to the user's folders too, because of this.

Ideally the platform should provide some service that creates a database with a list of documents, and docviewer should be authorized to access only that database, by default.
When the application asks to access to a specific file, content-hub should mediate the request and ensure that only the single file (or a copy of that file) is accessible.

Anyway, I created this branch a month ago because I thought we were able to release a new version in the store earlier. Also, it wasn't meant to require an unconfined template, but then I discovered that it was broken on the UT platform.

So we can reject this merge proposal.
Let's wait for a fix in the ubuntu-sdk project, it should come soon I guess...

https://code.launchpad.net/~zsombi/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/device_detection/+merge/284282

P.S. If you can ask to the platform team when they expect to release the fix, that would be great. Anyway, all the SDK apps (except addressbook-app) are in the same situation, so I'm not that much worried.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~verzegnassi-stefano/ubuntu-docviewer-app/desktop-support2/+merge/284901
Your team Ubuntu Document Viewer Developers is subscribed to branch lp:ubuntu-docviewer-app.