ubuntu-touch-coreapps-reviewers team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~fboucault/music-app/startup_time into lp:music-app

Thank you for looking into this :-)

FYI, we had a branch to do the tabs on demand and async before, but decided against it as it caused a flicker in the GridView and the thumbnailer needed to reload all the cover art (eg going from Artists->Albums->Artists). I wonder if we can make it smoother by fading the items or something? But even then, before, we preferred smoothness of changing tabs over loading performance in that case.

I'll see if I can find the branch, because what we also tried was loading the selected tab in async, and then once that has loaded, load the other tabs in the background async and then not unloading them so that there is no flicker.

Also, we know that the localstorage solution for restoring the queue on startup is slow, I'm currently resolving this upstream by fixing the load and save methods of the new Playlist component within qtubuntu-media and qtmultimedia. So don't worry about trying to speed up that part if you find it is slow :-)

Furthermore, I've found if you go Artists->Albums->Artists and scroll, you seem to have a double GridView in the Artists tab for some reason - I don't remember seeing this before.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~fboucault/music-app/startup_time/+merge/301057
Your team Music App Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~fboucault/music-app/startup_time into lp:music-app.