Calculator Key Journeys Feedback

I've taken a look at the "App patterns applied: calculator key journeys"
article[1] and I like the functionality but there is one thing that worries
my a bit.

I'm talking about discoverability. While gestures are nice, it is not
really obvious how to perform certain actions.

Basically it's about these functions:

1. Starting a new calculation
2. Viewing a calculation
3. Deleting a calculation
4. Adding a label

I have suggestions for all four points. Points one to three can be
addressed with a "helper overlay" on first start of the application. I'll
come up with some mock-ups by tomorrow.

Point four could be solved either by adding a separate helper overlay or by
adding a visual indicator on every row where a label can be added. I don't
quite like the last option since you would really have to nail the design
of that indicator, otherwise there is the risk of overloading the UI which
is not my intention.

Like I said, I'll come up with mock-ups for the above suggestions. Just
wanted to let you know what I think about the design so far.

Cheers,
Octavian Damiean

1:
http://design.canonical.com/2013/03/app-patterns-applied-calculator-key-journeys/