Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 02:03:44 +0100
From: hmiguellima@xxxxxxxxx
To: david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx
CC: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ubuntu-touch-coreapps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] [Ubuntu-touch-coreapps] App theming

Hi everyone !

Thanks for the links David !

I've looked into the camera app and as it seems, it sets the theme from c++ (main.cpp) instead of loading it from javascript (Theme.loadTheme) which goes against the plain QML+Javascript methodology.

I've got the teeming kind of working in the latest commit (https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-facebook-dev/ubuntu-facebook-app/trunk), but I had to resort to copy all of the original styles from the ambiance theme for it to work, then I was able to re-style the header component, as you can see in the attached image.

I also tried to re-style the "new-tabs" component, but it failed the moment I add a style rule for the "new-tabs" like this:

.new-tabs {
    headerTextColor: "#ffffff";

}

this rule causes the tabs header to completely disappear, and no useful warning or error on the log.

Another thing I tried was to create a new "NewTabsDelegate", and map it to a style rule, like the camera-app did for the "ThinSliderDelegate", but it seems I need to create a new qml module for the theme which I wasn't able to do.

This styling of the header component and new tabs delegate would be great to allow us to further change the app look to be more  compliant with the Facebook apps. One change could be, to add two icon buttons, for notifications and messages, to the top right corner of the tabs delegate.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers,
Hugo.

2013/6/3 David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>

Al 27/05/13 11:43, En/na Hugo Lima ha escrit:

> Hi everyone !

> I'm having a lot of difficulties trying to get my app themed. Basically

> I had to copy the ambiance default.qmltheme to a app.theme located in my

> app folder, that I load with Theme.loadTheme, I also had to copy the

> image resources from the ambiance theme into my app folder.

> This shouldn't have to be this way :(

> Can someone point me to an example app that overrides the default theme

> with a qmltheme file loaded from inside an app.

> Many thanks,

> Hugo.

Hi Hugo,

This might provide some insight:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/282766/how-to-use-theming-in-qml-for-ubuntu-phone

The camera app uses theming:

    https://code.launchpad.net/camera-app

Perhaps someone from the SDK team can chip in and help Hugo?

Cheers,

David.