Re: [Design] Alarm API: powering up the device

On 06/14/2013 04:39 AM, David Planella wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While drafting the spec for the alarms API for the clock app, a question
> came up that needs input from design:
>
> * Should an alarm power up the device when the device is powered off?
>
> Apparently Nokia Symbian/Maemo/MeeGo used to have this behaviour, and we
> want to determine whether this is the path we want to go with our alarms
> as well.
>
> Lina, could you help us on this one?
>
> Cheers,
> David.

This seems dependent on the hardware capabilities to support this sort
of wakeup event.

I would not think the UI or Alarm API needs to expose any control of
this, so we can probably move forward and decide this at a later time.
In my view it is an implementation at the lower layers and either always
alarms when off or never does. Is that consistent with the Nokia
implementation?

Pat