Core Apps & Jenkins

Hello all! This is a brief note to convey to everyone the status of jenkins being enabled for the core apps, as well as the overall status of the efforts for each core app. Some apps have reach feature ~= test parity, which is wonderful!

You can view everything on this wiki page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/CoreApps/Testing

It is the intended goal to turn on jenkins gated commits for each application once a testsuite has been created for that application.

The following core apps are already enabled and have gated commits:

ubuntu-calendar-app

ubuntu-clock-app

ubuntu-rssreader-app

At the moment we are working on enabling jenkins for the following core apps, but have run into some issues to work through.

sudoku-app: FAILED (1 test failure)

- http://91.189.93.70:8080/job/generic-mediumtests/100/

-https://bugs.launchpad.net/sudoku-app/+bug/1200754(resolved)

-https://bugs.launchpad.net/sudoku-app/+bug/1202336

stock-ticker-mobile-app: FAILED (no package)

-https://bugs.launchpad.net/stock-ticker-mobile-app/+bug/1202337

ubuntu-calculator-app: FAILED (2 test failures)

- http://91.189.93.70:8080/job/generic-mediumtests/101/

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-calculator-app/+bug/1202347

ubuntu-filemanager-app: FAILED (all fail)

- http://91.189.93.70:8080/job/generic-mediumtests/102/

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1202348

- All tests failed, need to triage and make sure it's not a missing dependency, etc.

ubuntu-terminal-app: FAILED (all fail)

- http://91.189.93.70:8080/job/generic-mediumtests/103/

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1202351

- All tests failed, test failures look similar to what happens when the app fails to start (i.e. due to a missing dependency).

ubuntu-weather-app: FAILED (all fail)

- http://91.189.93.70:8080/job/generic-mediumtests/104/

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-weather-app/+bug/1202353

- All tests failed, test failures look similar to what happens when the app fails to start (i.e. due to a missing dependency).

The jenkins enviroment is different that your local setup and may require some modifications in order to get the tests operating as smoothly as they do locally. As soon as we've worked out the issues in the environment, we'll flip them on. Don't be alarmed to see the jenkins build bot on your commits soon.

Thanks to Francis Ginther for setuping up and maintaining the jenkins as well as working through these lovely environment issues!

Nicholas