[Music] [Mediascanner] Keeping track of media usage data

I have a question concerning whether apps that play media (Music? Gallery?
Video/media Player?) will keep track of data about playback.

For those that want a quick primer: Ubuntu Touch has a metadata scanning
service (package is called mediascanner) that will power the display of the
user's media in both the Music/Video scopes as well as the Music App. This
metadata is made available to the system via Grilo [1] and for apps some
QML bindings (package is called qtdeclarative5-nemo-qml-plugin-grilo).

My question is that Grilo has the ability to keep track of the last time a
song was played [2] and a number of times played counter [3] -- and
probably other useful things as well. Are we going to try to manage this
type of data through Grilo? I can see it being useful for us to update
these items since the information can be used elsewhere (scopes and other
apps). This would require apps to update the mediascanner database
pertaining to usage stats.

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Grilo
[2]
https://developer.gnome.org/grilo/unstable/GrlMedia.html#grl-media-get-last-played