Re: music app & mediascanner

On 26.11.2013 19:35, Jim Hodapp wrote:

Is there a specific reason why this data must be duplicated in a local
DB for the music app at all? I would think the music app could always
directly query the media scanner's database?

It is my understanding that the main reason was that these sorts of queries were cumbersome to do with v1 of the Mediascanner. It was easier to just hoover up all data and do the searches locally. With v2 we aim to provide an API good enough so that people don't have to do that any more.