Re: Core Apps: Going for the Green!

Just another update on our tests status. The dashboard has been looking good recently, but we still have an occasional failure. It's believed to be caused by these 2 MIR bugs:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-mir/+bug/1243665
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-mir/+bug/1234538

If you see your app fail a test with a stacktrace looking like this, you can rest assured it's probably encountering this bug and is not a issue with the test.

http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/40:20131130:20131129/5200/ubuntu-clock-app-autopilot/542024/

Basically you can see the application never launches properly and the test exits. However, there are a few failures which are legitimate. Keep an eye on the test runs and remember to keep your apps green!

Here's the current list of failing tests:

Weather
ubuntu_weather_app.tests.test_locationmanager.TestLocationManagerWithLocation.test_del_add_bug
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/54:20131209:20131203/5340/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/557818/

ubuntu_weather_app.tests.test_settings.TestSettings.test_switch_scale
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/54:20131209:20131203/5340/ubuntu-weather-app-autopilot/557823/

Filemanager
test_filemanager.TestFolderListPage.test_rename_directory
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/trusty/touch/mako/54:20131209:20131203/5340/ubuntu-filemanager-app-autopilot/557735/

Let's get these failures fixed! Thanks everyone!

Nicholas