Re: [Ubuntu-phone] U1dB Documentation and Advice

Hi Andrew,

I discussed our situation with Christian on IRC today and showed him my
sample app. Unfortunately it seems that it was a bug. Technically speaking
an index expression defined as ["playlist.name", "playlist.tracks.file",
"playlist.tracks.file"] should work. However there is a bug which I have
reported at https://bugs.launchpad.net/u1db-qt/+bug/1266478. You can follow
the progress of the fix there. As for the sorting of the listview, I
noticed just now that Christian has a reported a bug for it at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/u1db-qt/+bug/1266529 along with
https://bugs.launchpad.net/u1db-qt/+bug/1217963.

So I believe the issues have been brought to the attention of the u1db-qt
developers. Now we help with any questions that they might have and help
with the testing process.

There is one point that Christian made which was only when u1db-qt is used
more often in apps would we be able to fix these rough edges. So I am going
to go ahead and blog my progress while keeping track of these bug fixes.

Cheers,
Nekhelesh