Re: Core App Jenkins Migration

Really great that transition is addressed now. Thanks a lot! :)

Am So, 19. Jul, 2015 um 3:46 schrieb Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Greetings everyone! We're currently working with CI to migrate to an entirely new jenkins system for core applications. The overall process as you know it (jenkins builds, run tests, approves, merges) should stay more or less the same. However, the new setup will allow us to actually run on devices as well as change and modify jobs quickly and easily. I also hope the migration will bring more robustness and ease of use for the CI process.

While we migrate however, the current process has some issues you may encounter. In this interim period, please don't hesitate to reach out to myself or Alan if you have any issues with jenkins.

As an example of an issue you are likely to run it is migrating to vivid frameworks. Currently some of the core apps are still running jobs which build under utopic. To migrate to vivid frameworks (as I assume most projects are doing / have done), these utopic jobs will need to be disabled. If you encounter this, let us know so we can tweak the jobs accordingly.

You might also experience some weirdness around building in vivid should you use or require something like the vivid overlay ppa.

Just keep your eyes peeled for jenkins issues and contact us to let us help you while we transition. It's my goal to have everything up and running on the new system asap, but it will still take some time.

Thanks everyone for your patience during these growing pains, and I trust the new jenkins setup will make your lives easier in the end :-)

Nicholas