Re: Core Apps Jenkins uses old version of packages

On 01/26/2016 01:50 PM, Stefano Verzegnassi wrote:
Hi all,

We're currently moving the LibreOfficeKit QML plugin used in DocViewer
to the latest Qt version available on Ubuntu Phone, so that we can use
the new QQuickAsyncImageProvider[1].

However, during the review of branch which includes this change,
Jenkins fails to build the app.

I've added some debug output[2] in the main CMakeLists.txt file, and I
discovered that Jenkins is using the version "5.4.1-1ubuntu5" of
qtdeclarative5-dev, which does not include the backported components.

Currently the Stable Phone Overlay PPA provides the version
"5.4.1-1ubuntu11~overlay2" of the package.

Since all the core apps should target the latest framework available,
could you add the PPA above to the chroot used for building the Core
Apps?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Stefano

======

[1] It has been backported in vivid+overlay and it's already used by
some project (e.g. Ubuntu Thumbnailer).

[2] https://core-apps-jenkins.ubuntu.com/job/docviewer-app-ci/101/console

Yes, we can do that :-) If everyone is comfortable with moving to the latest framework, we can make sure all builds happen using it. I'll add the overlay ppa now as well and check on your docviewer merges Stefano.

Thanks,

Nicholas