Re: Some Kubuntu translations love

2009/7/1 David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> El dt 30 de 06 de 2009 a les 12:38 +0200, en/na Harald Sitter va
> escriure:
>> >
>> > The Ubuntu Translation Coordinators are team of community members
>> > experienced with translation and i18n which would also welcome
>> anyone
>> > from the Kubuntu community to help us with your experience on KDE
>> > translations.
>>
>> I am quite sure you would be able to find a KDE liaison via  kde-i18n-
>> doc@xxxxxxx
>
> Before contacting upstream directly, I thought I should talk to you guys
> first to start the wheels rolling.

Good point, though from the replies to this thread I would assume that
I am the only one who cares about translations at all :P
If you want I can poke around to find someone who is willing to become liaison.

> El dl 29 de 06 de 2009 a les 16:02 +0200, en/na David Planella va
> escriure:
>> In order to give time to everyone involved in organising this, I
>> propose
>> a tentative date in a month's time:
>>
>> * WHAT: Kubuntu Translations Day
>> * WHERE: #kubuntu-devel on Freenode
>> * WHEN: Wed 29th July 2009
>>
>> Thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc. will be very welcome.
>
> Any thoughts on this date? Does it clash with any other Kubuntu event?
> Otherwise I'll just stick to it and add it to the Fridge calendar.
>
> Also any other suggestions for the Kubuntu Translations Day will be very
> welcome. As an example, I've thought we could assist translators
> importing upstream translations which did not make it into Jaunty due to
> the KDE and Kubuntu releases not being in sync.

Should be coordinated with KDE l10n I suppose, I'll get in touch with
them. The Date should be just fine AFAIK (if KDE l10n agrees). I think
we should help with both, import from KDE to Jaunty and export from
Rosetta to KDE, the latter should help getting rid of the upstream
impression that we don't do anything to improve cooperation.
I'll report back when I know more.

regards,
Harald