Re: Some Kubuntu translations love

2009/7/22 David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> = Other =
>
> == Docs ==
>
> The following source packages and corresponding templates I believe
> should be disabled as well, but I'd like to double-check that
>
>        • kdebase-runtime
>        • kdebase-workspace
>
> I cannot find their templates at
> http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/4.2.98/kde-l10n; only in trunk
> (http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/ca/docmessages/) and not all of
> them. I believe they are documentation files, but I'm not sure, since
> they are stored under docmessages and there is also a docs folder in
> trunk.

They actually reside in kdebase in KDE SVN.

kdebase-runtime is actually just a subfolder (kdebase/runtime) in KDE
SVN, same applies for kdebase-workspace as well as
kdelibs-experimental. This is the reason that templates of those
source packages will show up in kdebase/kdelibs' folder in KDE SVN.

> == Desktop files ==
>
> I could not find out where the .desktop files translations reside in
> SVN, so all URL of the type
> http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/4.2.98/kde-l10n/ca/messages/kdelibs/desktop_kdelibs.po are currently broken in the wiki page.

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/l10n-kde4/templates/messages/kdelibs/desktop_kdelibs.pot

Since desktop file translations get repacked into the actual desktop
files, the po files will not show up in the tag/tarball.
Also, generally I would map the wiki to branches/stable/l10n-kde4
rather than a tag, since the branches/stable always represents current
stable (meaning >= rc, because trunk gets branched around rc time
which is also when we should start uploading/importing the kde-l10n-*
packages)

> == Extragear, etc ==
>
> In the extragear section I've put everything I couldn't map to the KDE
> modules. I still have to review those.

General notes:
+ should be named extragear/playground (they only differ by
reliability of software, translationwise the process is the same, as
is the path structure in KDE SVN)
+ the websvn urls should be mapped to trunk/l10n-kde4 for most of
extragear (since extragear apps mostly release from trunk)

* desktop-effects-kde => not in KDE
* kcm-gtk => same
* kdesudo => same
* quassel => same
* kde-style-qtcurve => same
* plasma-widget-quickaccess => same
* knetworkmanager => same (technically it is in KDE SVN, but in KDE 3
branching, nothing to worry about since the package will be killed in
the long run)

* kde3bindings => maps to kdebindings in the KDE 3.5.9 tag (not
extragear technically)

* koffice => not extragear nor playground, probably should get it's own section

* templates coming from phonon and qt4-x11 should be merged into a Qt
group (neither is extragear really ;-)

For your convenience, apps that are in playground:
* kdebluetooth
* konq-plugins
* kpackagekit
* plasma-widget-networkmanagement

Everything else, that is not affected by the comments above is living
in extragear.