Re: Bug in the links?

Milo Casagrande wrote:

Was looking through Karmic translations today, and found this one:

https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/knetworkmanager/+pots/knetworkmanager/it/4/+translate

The first suggestion, reported in Jaunty, says:

Suggestions knetworkmanager in Ubuntu Jaunty package "knetworkmanager"
by Claudio Arseni  on 2009-03-27

but if you click on the link, it takes you to the Karmic translation.
Hovering the mouse on it. it has karmic in all the URL.

Is this a known bug?

I can think of several possible causes:

1. The message is shared, and where different pieces of the UI must say which template/language it belongs to, they make different choices.

2. The message is a diverged suggestion. Those aren't supposed to happen any more.

3. The UI still uses TranslationMessage.pofile, which should be eliminated as part of the move to message sharing. That would be bug 401639; I've made a note of your report there.

Thanks for reporting this!  I hope I can find time to look into it tomorrow.

Jeroen