Translations export schedule

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know about the new schedule proposed for
exporting translations from Launchpad, to be fed to langpack-o-matic to
create the language packs:

https://dev.launchpad.net/Translations/LanguagePackSchedule

Some points:

      * As proposed on the list some time ago, Intrepid and Hardy
        exports have been dropped. However, for LTS it would still be
        worth having a procedure in place for users/testers to request
        language pack updates.

      * Here's a proposal on how language pack updates can be requested
        for LTS:
             1. As a translator, I'd like to request the update of LTS
                language packs. I first make a support request for
                exporting the translation tarball on the
                ubuntu-translations project Answers system
             2. The UTC team (Arne, probably) kicks off the process of
                generating a language pack
             3. This language pack is uploaded to -proposed
             4. After the requester confirms he has tested it, it can go
                to -updates

      * There is currently no easy way to know how many users install
        the language pack PPAs, but if this bug [1] is fixed and useage
        stats are made available, we could reassess the way langpacks
        are tested in light of how many users have them installed and
        tested.

Regards,
David.

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/139855