Please help test changes to translations upload filter

Hi all,

We've made a change to the automatic uploads of translation files from Ubuntu package builds into Launchpad Translations, and we'd appreciate your feedback.

Previously, when an Ubuntu package build in Launchpad generated files whose paths started with "debian/po/", those files would not be uploaded to the translations import queue. Translation files in other directories were always uploaded.

Now, with the change, files in these directories are also _not_ uploaded any more to save time:

 * d-i/
 * help/
 * man/po/
 * man/po4a/

The d-i/ directory is for the Debian installer, which is handled separately. The help/ directory is for Gnome help files, which can't currently be translated in Launchpad. And the man/ directories are for man pages, which can't be translated directly in Launchpad either.

Does this work as you'd expect it to? Did any other files mysteriously stop appearing on the queue? Are there vital uploads that this blocks by mistake? Are uploads suddenly appearing on the queue that were filtered out previously? Are there other paths that should also be blocked? Please follow up to this message to let us know!

As far as I can see, the recent OpenOffice.org translation uploads are unrelated to this change. Do let me know if that is not the case.

With thanks,

Jeroen

PS - for your convenience, the queue is here:

https://translations.launchpad.net/+imports?field.filter_target=[DISTRIBUTION]

Follow ups