FYI: status of packages with .policy files

Hi

During last weeks call, I promised David to take a look at the NonLanguagePackTranslationDeadline wiki page and the packages on it. As a first step of that, I started with packages listed as containing .policy files, because they are prone to pop up English-speaking password prompts at any time. Now the good news is that the infrastructure to handle those via langpacks is in place, so we can cross them from that wiki page (not like they were given any attention, but anyway).

The only trouble is that a quick grep on "gettext-domain" in the /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/ directory indicated many packages still in need of some love. I started to take a look at each of them. The packages here are the ones installed on my test system, meaning that there could be more than these:

$ for i in `ls /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/`; do dpkg -S $i; done
- hplip: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.hp.hplip.policy
* jockey-common: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.ubuntu.devicedriver.policy : OK * language-selector-common: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.ubuntu.languageselector.policy #853501 * software-properties-common: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.ubuntu.softwareproperties.policy #853231 * ubuntu-system-service: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.ubuntu.systemservice.policy #853354 * usb-creator-common: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.ubuntu.usbcreator.policy #853227
* aptdaemon: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.debian.apt.policy OK
- apt-xapian-index: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.debian.aptxapianindex.policy accountsservice: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.accounts.policy colord: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.color.policy needs-pot-on-build
- consolekit: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.consolekit.policy
modemmanager: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.modem-manager.policy needs-pot-on-build (I got a patch) network-manager: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.policy
policykit-1: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.policykit.policy
- rtkit: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.RealtimeKit1.policy
udisks: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.udisks.policy
upower: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.upower.policy
upower: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.upower.qos.policy
gnome-settings-daemon: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.gnome.settingsdaemon.datetimemechanism.policy OK gnome-settings-daemon: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power.policy OK cups-pk-helper: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.opensuse.cupspkhelper.mechanism.policy needs-pot-on-build

The lines ending in OK already contain the translation domain information.
A * denotes Ubuntu-specific and therefore important packages, the branches in the bug reports are working nicely for me :).
A - sign denotes a package without i18n support.
The rest have po directories in the source and translations in LP too. The packaging of those has yet to be updated, that is 8 more packages. I'll see if I have time for this during the week.

Regards
Gabor Kelemen