Language pack updated

Hi translators,

I'm forwarding a conversation with pitti this morning on
#ubuntu-desktop, just FYI.

td;lr We're updating Maverick and Lucid Firefox to version 9. This will
require a one-off change to those distro's language packs to decouple
them from Firefox translations, which will now be updated in their own
packages, in the same way it's already done from Natty onwards. This
will also mean we'll need to ship an update for _all_ Maverick and Lucid
language packs.

<pitti> dpm: FYI, disabling langpack cronjobs for my preparation of the
lucid/maverick -base refresh (for firefox updates)
<dpm> thanks for the heads up, pitti
<pitti> dpm: we'll need to copy all packs to -updates this time (at
least those which previously had firefox translations), so I'll keep the
same 20110618 snapshot that we already have in maverick-proposed/-updats
<dpm> pitti, ack. Now that we're doing more frequent FF updates that
require all langpacks to be moved to -updates to prevent regressions
(i.e. untranslated Firefoxes), we should perhaps start a discussion on
how we test updates. On the one hand we've got regular updates for which
we require a signoff and FF-related updates, which we do regardless of
signoff. I'll start a thread in the translators list, but do you have
any ideas on how to have a unified way
  of testing/updating langpacks in the meantime?
<pitti> dpm: this is an one-time change for langpacks
 dpm: they move the firefox translations out of the langpacks
themselves, in favour of separate firefox-l10-XX packages
 dpm: we alrady have that in natty/oneiric/precise, but lucid/maverick
get the same change now because we upgrade their firefox from 3.6 to 8
(or whichever version)
 dpm: that's why I don't want to couple them with actual new LP
translation data, just rebuild
<dpm> pitti, ah, gotcha, I had forgotten we did the change from natty
onwards
 pitti, when is the update to FF 8 for maverick and lucid planned?
<pitti> dpm: should hit -proposed for the weekend
<pitti> (both firefox and langpacks)
<micahg> dpm: FF9, i'll fwd you the e-mail I sent earlier
<pitti> dpm: and to -updates Jan 10
<dpm> thanks micahg and pitti