Re: Making translations a first class citizen in Jono's Ubuntu accomplishment system

On 24-02-2012 09:03, Andrej Znidarsic wrote:
Hi!

I think this is a good idea, which might motivate a certain amount of
people. But on the other hand people might just go and translate very
quickly with not much regards to quality in order to get 10 000 strings
trophy faster. There needs to be some sort of balance.

Yes. Actually after writing the email I remembered something that Jono said about how the accomplishments should be formed. He has already elaborated some more on this in this blog post: http://www.jonobacon.org/2012/02/24/good-vs-bad-trophies/

I think this means that all the "higher numbers" are not good ideas.

Additional achievements to consider:

* Hard working translator (achieve and hold 5000 translation karma for a
week)
* Persistant translator - translate at least 5 messages a day for (7, 14
and 30 days - gold, silver, bronze achievement)
* Versatile translator - contribute to at least 10 different projects in
Launchpad (besides Ubuntu)

The questions is if these also falls for the argument above. I think they might actually.

* Upstreamer - your name/email address should be on at least one of the
packages improted from upstream (gnome/kde/translation project)
* Approved translator - become a member of Ubuntu/Launchpad translation
group for your language
* Curious translator - post a message to ubuntu-translator mailing list
(not sure if it's traceable within ubuntu accomplishments)

These look nice. I'll try to form a wiki page with our suggestions to make the discussion easier.

Regards Kenneth

Regards

Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things
brought together.

Dne 24. februar 2012 09:29 je Kenneth Nielsen <k.nielsen81@xxxxxxxxx